Sunday, May 13, 2007

A day to remember...27th April 2007

This day marks an important turning point of my life....
God is trying to tell me something....and I'm still wondering what it is...

I had been working very hard for the whole week, and on the 27th, being a Friday, I thought its high time to wind down a bit. It happened that its a night where a few of my colleagues and our boss were supposed to meet up to celebrate a previous job's success...so we had a really nice dinner at this quaint little place....very nice ambience and all. Had some wine throughout each course of our meal : appetiser, maincourse and dessert...

Its a tiring day and on my way driving back home, I sort of closed my eyes for a second and the next time I opened my eyes, I saw that I'm on the wrong lane and hence tried to swerve my car toward the next lane. It was raining very heavily that night and I guess, my car must have skidded coz it started to spin when I tried to slow down. The next thing I know, I hit something and the tyres are screeching away.

I didn't know how bad the accident was as I was actually quite alright. Received 7 stitches on my scalp and had a huge bruise on my right elbow and lots of cuts and scratches on my hands and legs. Otherwise, I'm fine.

I'm only scared when I see the car. The damaged is so bad that I could have easily been thrown out of the car or the windscreen could have just shattered into my face. And the fact that I survived the accident practically unscathed makes me feel....I don't know....glad/grateful/thankful .....

The first thing that crossed my mind is to call my loved ones, to contact my close friends/colleagues as I have this strong urge to hug everyone and say "Thank god I can see your face again!"

The after-effect :
1) After the effect of the painkiller died off, my whole body ached. Every movement caused me pain! Apparently, the impact of the crashed had sort of "shaked" my whole body and hence the muscles (i didn't knew that I have muscles, per say)sort of tensed up and my bones were "shaken" , hence the pain. It lasted for almost 2 weeks. Occasionally, there's this huge throbbing in my head....I can feel my head pulsating and it hurts ....and all I can do to relief myself from these pain was to take the painkiller and sleep.

2) My right hand was swollen for 4 days....and it hurts if I moved it. It is 2 weeks since the accident and I can't hold heavy stuff with my right hand. The cuts are healing fast though...minimal scars as far as I can see (fingers crossed).

3) I'm on observation for 2 days after the accident. Doc says that there might be internal injuries not detected as they usually welled up later. As long I don't feel nauseous/dizzy...I should be fine. Hence, I'm here , typing away.....

4) The stitches. My first ever stitches. No pain felt when the doctor stiches the cut on my scalp. He had injected some anaesthetic, hence I don't feel the pain at all...until 2 days later! The cut feel sore and if I shake my head to hard, I'll feel that my head goes numb and nauseous at the same time. The removing of the stitches was not painful at all, unlike what I've imagined. I actually can't sleep the night before, as I imagined it to be really painful! I can still feel the cut and it hurts if I accidentally scratched it.....Ouch!

5) Right hand - elbow. I'm very concious as to not to let anyone to touch my elbow...AT ALL. It hurts like hell, either that or my tolerance for pain is zero!

6) Mom and Dad is paranoid. It is understandable. Today is the first day I attempted to drive again for my book club meeting. And I had 2 SMS from my dad and prior to my drive out, Mom had gave a long lecture about driving safely.

7)My beloved Honda City....is beyond help. The mechanic says its probably fix-able. But I bet it won't be the same again. Its such a nice car, easy to maneuver and the fuel consumption is very low.

8)After about 2 weeks, I get tired easily. Always feel lethargic....don't know why. Guessed I should ask the doctor why....

9)All my working files were wet, some splattered with blood and there's glasses in between sheets of working papers.

..............................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home