Monday, February 11, 2013

I always wanted to have an adventure

It sounded so vague. Adventure ? what sort ?

And do I know what I'm getting myself into when I say that ? It could be awful, or it could be great.

But what happens at 30 ? Life is as ordinary as it has ever been.
I still live at home, I have a regular job (though I changed it - according to others - at an rather alarming rate), and I'm single.

Unlike Carrie Bradshaw who went to New York for a writing seminar (enroute to Brown's - if she did go, we will not have Sex and the City) when she was 18/19, and met Samantha Jones and Miranda Hobbs (I'm still reading The Carrie's Diaries...haven't got to the part where Charlotte comes in), my adventure in life......has been quite flat. No amazing love stories to tell and living and working abroad is as common as having rice everyday - given the how fast globalisation had taken place.

I wonder.....if one can willed an adventure to happen ? Maybe...I'll meet my Mr.Big ? Well, before that happens, I do have to lose like 30 kgs, perfect my fashion sense and try to walk in Manolo Blahnik first.....

and that will not be ME - aka myself, will it ? Life is such a contradiction itself................its confusing enough trying to live a life.....

I guess the best bet, is to try to feel fabulous about myself......and if all else fail, what's wrong with having an ordinary life ? Didn't God teach us to be contented with what we have ? Must we strive for the best, or what we perceive as the best ? Lets work with what we have..........and perhaps, by God's will....it will prosper and be fruitful one day!

now...everyone - say Amen...coz I shall spend my Chinese New Year imagining that I'm in NY city finding my ways around as Carrie Bradshaw.............no one says i can't use my imagination.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home