How many pairs do you need???
SHOES!!! ~ Another thing that I can't live without ~
Of course, I'm exaggerating. Nothing is more important than family, friends, my beloved Rocky and food!! Plus, i think money comes first before shoes....coz without money...how can I afford to buy shoes leh?? ~sigh...why am I so smart??~
Yeah...I'm on a "hao lian" strike now........that's what Gladys' used to say about me when I can't stop talking about how nice was dinner*lunch*and even breakfast...........
I'm thinking that I should ship over my shoes (my employer is sponsoring for shipping costs), that'll save me a lot of luggage space ma.......and if I can ship them over, then I'll need to catalog items that I'm shipping....just so I can keep track of them.
So, I went to the shoe rack and pick out shoes that I want to bring over........
Most are boring court shoes for work (in our line of work, court shoes are recommended, though nowadays, they've relaxed the rules a bit....and we are allowed to wear open toe pumps), so ya, you can see that I have black, brown and grey......boring hor??? But what to do? Most of my working clothes are either beige, brown, grey or black........though I do wear some pink and reds to liven up things a bit.
Anyway, all these are those that are still in good conditions, with minimal scratches and still look reasonably new. There are another pile, that either need to be "re-sole" on the heels, buckles gone, or they are just worn out.
And I'm kinda sad that most of my flats are worn out. I've got a pair of flats, made in jeans material, with cute buckle......got it from Taipei for less than RM40 (RM39 to be exact), with a cushiony soles. I think I must have worn it to every vacation that I took since then (I went to Taipei , early 2007) .......and the blue colour of the jeans material, looks a bit greenish brown now..... What a waste!! Its one of the more comfier shoes that I like...and I can wear it with jeans or skirt.....
Now, I'm left with 3 pairs of flats......that I can still wear and not be ashamed of their "look" :

(i) Pastel Yellow Maryjane with about 3 cm heels - I've got this from Taipei too, at RM49. A real steal, because the shoes is really comfy and its super cute!! But its difficult to match....like i say, my wardrobe is full of dull colors and I used to work 70% of the day, so I don't really shop for casual clothes much, hence, i have problems matching the shoes when I go out, and I can't possibly wear Pastel Yellow flats to work......
(ii) Zara flats, in Oriental prints, made of silky material - don't remember exactly how much, but I think it set me back by about RM150 ++. I couldn't help it....its so cute and its good for days, when I want to give my feet a rest from heels, plus it look a bit glam with the shiny, silky material. BUT....its not really comfortable.
(iii) Brown flats with ribbon, from Promod in One Utama. Impulse buy, plus its on SALES...only RM60. And its with rubber sole....and its made from Pig Skin (kekekek....does that make it Non-Halal?). Its ultra comfy...just that it took about 1 week for me to break in (i.e to stretch the shoes to fit to my feet size...so i don't get blisters). Ultra comfy....the perfect replacement for my jeans-material flats. Good for walking....I usually wear this for holidays and shopping trips.
Heartbreaks :
Another great purchase from Taipei, was this Pointed toe heels, with white faux crocodile prints. Really cool when match with jeans....chic! But hor...because of it being Pointed Heels...and mua walk like a man...meaning, I'll just walk as fast as I can without watching what my shoes will bump into, resulting in the pointed tip of the shoes looking battered, and there's scratches here and there. So, I don't wear it much....
It used to look something like this :

(ii) Zara flats, in Oriental prints, made of silky material - don't remember exactly how much, but I think it set me back by about RM150 ++. I couldn't help it....its so cute and its good for days, when I want to give my feet a rest from heels, plus it look a bit glam with the shiny, silky material. BUT....its not really comfortable.
(iii) Brown flats with ribbon, from Promod in One Utama. Impulse buy, plus its on SALES...only RM60. And its with rubber sole....and its made from Pig Skin (kekekek....does that make it Non-Halal?). Its ultra comfy...just that it took about 1 week for me to break in (i.e to stretch the shoes to fit to my feet size...so i don't get blisters). Ultra comfy....the perfect replacement for my jeans-material flats. Good for walking....I usually wear this for holidays and shopping trips.
Heartbreaks :
Another great purchase from Taipei, was this Pointed toe heels, with white faux crocodile prints. Really cool when match with jeans....chic! But hor...because of it being Pointed Heels...and mua walk like a man...meaning, I'll just walk as fast as I can without watching what my shoes will bump into, resulting in the pointed tip of the shoes looking battered, and there's scratches here and there. So, I don't wear it much....
It used to look something like this :

Labels: Me, shoes, shopaholic



2 Comments:
not many..dun worry..adelaide so small but plenty of shoes to buy 1..
u read ujun.blogspot.com? doctor to be in adelaide..shud get to knw her b4 u go!
hehe...I'm not worried about having not enough shoes. I'm worried that I have to much to bring over!! Kekekeke
But I'm glad that there's plenty of shoes to buy!!!
Will have a look at that blog....!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home