Monday, October 5, 2009

its the same everywhere...

when's my last entry?

I can't even remember. Should have been more than a month I supposed.

Lately, life had not been treating me good....its not critically bad, but its not smooth sailing either...its bump after bumps...

First, its the mother of all flu ...my first flu in Adelaide and its crap. And to top it all off, I've got a flu vaccine early March. That pretty much gets me down....blown out for 2 whole day, and on the 3rd day I find the energy to get up and go to work in a groggy state. Which is not exactly a good idea to go back to work, but then audit being audit, there's a deadline.

Then its the week at Melbourne...and a boss from the previous job who called and reminded that its my responsibility as the team leader , regardless of where I am located, to get the cashflow checked, financial statement out by next morning. It didn't help that she didn't bother listening and won't take NO for an answer. So much for the work-life balance. I wouldn't be as much as angry, if I don't hear from the Partners claiming that they are doing some planning to reduce overtime and to spread work evenly, and hence no overtime is required. Well, at that point in time, when my Senior Manager insist I work through the night to meet the deadline, regardless that I'm also working on another client in Melbourne....all I can think is...BS..really , so much of BS....

All this time, I'm still struggling with the remaining of the flu that refuse to go.....

ITs good that I have Sumita in Melbourne. Its good to have someone you can just walk into and tell, "Sum..I have the worst day ever, and i'm homesick and i seriously need company and some TLC"......and to top it all off, my period decide to come and wreck havoc with my hormones...

And the sisters arrived in Melbourne and that did cheer me up heaps.

Then back to work in Adelaide......busy week, on a superannuation audit. Rush and rush, half the time I don't know what I'm doing.......my boss is super busy ..not exactly accessible so its hard to get any coaching. It didn't help that client is on the presumption that they have superannuation experts on the audit team. Seriously, auditors should take some acting class.....that'll help them do their job better.....

and then the sisters arrived in Adelaide. Spend the weekend in Hahndorf and then Barossa valley over the weekend. And back to work while sisters take care of the house and do a bit of traveling.......rushing back home everyday to bring them out for dinners....they cooked me, Elaine, Shane and Sue Ann a dinner at home too...which is lovely. Its really tiring and busy for me......and viola, the flu came back...

Initially, I thought its just me being tired and probably a little bit of sore throat and of course, constantly in a groggy state......a cross between a headache and inability to focus. Went to see the doctor, hoping that he'll give me a medical certificate so I can rest at home for a day (officially - the bossess have no right to ask me to work when I'm sick here...its a big no no here). Well, ended up, I'm actually down with fever, a slightly infected throat and right ear and the doctor reckoned I have another viral infection (i think that's a flu...)

So....spend the long weekend recuperating.....a lot of sleep..and rests. NO work at all....since Thursday. And now, I'm dreading the mountain of work...accumulated from last Thursday till now.........

Well, it will be a great Tuesday.....it have to be great.......a big big day......

~mh is glad to get this off her chest....and pray hard that she will come back a human (not a zombie) tomorrow!~

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home