hell of a weekend
I mean it literally. After the traumatic experience of being fined for traveling at 57km/hr, I'm literally spooked out whenever I'm driving in Adelaide. Coming from Malaysia, where 60km/hr is considered "slow-coach" speed, I still dealing with the fact that speed limit can be as low as 40km/hr.
Hence, I've been really careful. Until yesterday. Thought I'll make the most of the spring-ish weather with a whopping 27 degrees and great sunshine. Thought I'll take a drive up to Mount Lofty, get some exercise by taking a walk on trails.....but then, I had to get lost on my way there. Somehow, was stuck in some windy roads .......and I was trying really hard to keep to my lane and look out for a spot to turn back. And as I found a place to turn, a spot along the windy road......I thougth I'll stop and give the map another read, when a police patrol car pull over.
Well, for a second, I thought they have come up to check if I need help, but Mr. Police Officer started the conversation with "Lady, do you know what offence you've committed ?'"
*FACE BLANK* follow by bouts of head shaking left and right
I started to blurt things like I'm trying to get to Mount Lofty Summit and I'm lost....and Mr. Police Officer ask me the question again " Do you know what offence you've commited?"
Well, to cut the story short.......I got an expiation notice (what Malaysian call -traffic summons) for obstructing traffic and failing to give way to a motorcyclist.............
Honestly, I feel really really innocent here....but I really don't know how to argue out of this.
OH...and of course, Mr Police Officer thinks I"m drunk. So I have to do a breathe analyser test.....Great! Now I've finally experience how a breathe analyser test is done.........
that's how my Saturday ended. For the rest of the day, I'm in shock. I manage to drive home, feeling all giddy and worn out. Had a long long nap.....cooked myself some comforting soup with loads of pasta. And watch Madagascar on TV, followed by Batman Begins............thank god, for Christian Bale. Looks so deliciously good.......and not to mention all the cool stuff that Batman can do.........
Then comes today, which is Sunday. Woke up to a morning with super strong wind......the perks of staying at the top unit of an apartment..you get to see the tree tops swaying like mad.
Anyway, had brekkie with Elaine and Shane....at the Central Market Foodcourt. The Laksa was really great.....really close to the real thing. Its only 11.45am by the time we had brekky...and I can't stand another day holing up at home. Took a drive down to Norwood......looking left and right for like 5- 10 times before I dare turn, paying like 95% attention to speed limit and the remaining 5% on the road (not sure if that's a safer option), and head down to HOYTS. Thought I'll watch Coraline for some "entertainment" but I'm 15 mins late and the movie had started. The next movie is My Sisters' Keeper, based on a novel by Jodi Picoult. Not too keen as I'm 98% sure that I'll end up all depressed after watching it, even though I'm sure its a good movie. Watched it anyway........
2 hours later, I end up with swollen red, puffy eyes. I think I can pass as Gavin's or Huay Yin's sister....coz my eyes is really tiny................like REALLLY tiny ...coz the blardy eyelids are swollen from all the crying. Such a heart breaking story............... Its a good thing that almost everyone came out with swollen eyes like mine. I don't feel that awkward....in fact, the girls had a laugh when we look at each other in the toilet........and gave each other a knowing look.
And now....I'm back home. Refuse to sleep....but my head is throbbing from all the crying....and, I'm sitting here, wondering what I can do. 20 mins to 5pm....and when its 5pm............the whole city of Adelaide will be close for business.....save for restaurants, bars, pubs, and well, we still have the cinema open.
What do one do, on weekends here? No wonder they don't mind setting up a barbie and spending all the time preparing and cleaning afterward. Coz that's how they pass time here.
After 8 months here, I beginning to feel that its ok to walk in the parks (there's plenty of that over her) doing literally nothing. OK...maybe you can watched the swans and ducks waddling around, and if you are lucky, you'll spot some parakeets..............
Maybe I should really start taking up knitting..................
Or should I write a book on what to do on weekends?
Anyway guys, there's DOmestic Blitz on TV at 6.30pm. I should get ready and wait for it to start.....how exciting!!!!!!
Hence, I've been really careful. Until yesterday. Thought I'll make the most of the spring-ish weather with a whopping 27 degrees and great sunshine. Thought I'll take a drive up to Mount Lofty, get some exercise by taking a walk on trails.....but then, I had to get lost on my way there. Somehow, was stuck in some windy roads .......and I was trying really hard to keep to my lane and look out for a spot to turn back. And as I found a place to turn, a spot along the windy road......I thougth I'll stop and give the map another read, when a police patrol car pull over.
Well, for a second, I thought they have come up to check if I need help, but Mr. Police Officer started the conversation with "Lady, do you know what offence you've committed ?'"
*FACE BLANK* follow by bouts of head shaking left and right
I started to blurt things like I'm trying to get to Mount Lofty Summit and I'm lost....and Mr. Police Officer ask me the question again " Do you know what offence you've commited?"
Well, to cut the story short.......I got an expiation notice (what Malaysian call -traffic summons) for obstructing traffic and failing to give way to a motorcyclist.............
Honestly, I feel really really innocent here....but I really don't know how to argue out of this.
OH...and of course, Mr Police Officer thinks I"m drunk. So I have to do a breathe analyser test.....Great! Now I've finally experience how a breathe analyser test is done.........
that's how my Saturday ended. For the rest of the day, I'm in shock. I manage to drive home, feeling all giddy and worn out. Had a long long nap.....cooked myself some comforting soup with loads of pasta. And watch Madagascar on TV, followed by Batman Begins............thank god, for Christian Bale. Looks so deliciously good.......and not to mention all the cool stuff that Batman can do.........
Then comes today, which is Sunday. Woke up to a morning with super strong wind......the perks of staying at the top unit of an apartment..you get to see the tree tops swaying like mad.
Anyway, had brekkie with Elaine and Shane....at the Central Market Foodcourt. The Laksa was really great.....really close to the real thing. Its only 11.45am by the time we had brekky...and I can't stand another day holing up at home. Took a drive down to Norwood......looking left and right for like 5- 10 times before I dare turn, paying like 95% attention to speed limit and the remaining 5% on the road (not sure if that's a safer option), and head down to HOYTS. Thought I'll watch Coraline for some "entertainment" but I'm 15 mins late and the movie had started. The next movie is My Sisters' Keeper, based on a novel by Jodi Picoult. Not too keen as I'm 98% sure that I'll end up all depressed after watching it, even though I'm sure its a good movie. Watched it anyway........
2 hours later, I end up with swollen red, puffy eyes. I think I can pass as Gavin's or Huay Yin's sister....coz my eyes is really tiny................like REALLLY tiny ...coz the blardy eyelids are swollen from all the crying. Such a heart breaking story............... Its a good thing that almost everyone came out with swollen eyes like mine. I don't feel that awkward....in fact, the girls had a laugh when we look at each other in the toilet........and gave each other a knowing look.
And now....I'm back home. Refuse to sleep....but my head is throbbing from all the crying....and, I'm sitting here, wondering what I can do. 20 mins to 5pm....and when its 5pm............the whole city of Adelaide will be close for business.....save for restaurants, bars, pubs, and well, we still have the cinema open.
What do one do, on weekends here? No wonder they don't mind setting up a barbie and spending all the time preparing and cleaning afterward. Coz that's how they pass time here.
After 8 months here, I beginning to feel that its ok to walk in the parks (there's plenty of that over her) doing literally nothing. OK...maybe you can watched the swans and ducks waddling around, and if you are lucky, you'll spot some parakeets..............
Maybe I should really start taking up knitting..................
Or should I write a book on what to do on weekends?
Anyway guys, there's DOmestic Blitz on TV at 6.30pm. I should get ready and wait for it to start.....how exciting!!!!!!
Labels: life in general, Musing

1 Comments:
jogging is a good choice..
gym would be another..
barbie is definitely the bomb!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home