Conversations - 001
A recently engaged girlfriend said to me "Its a wonderful feeling, knowing that there's always someone there to catch me when I fall", the someone, being her now fiance.
And with all good intentions, she followed through the statement with this :
"So, its been awhile since you are single.....it must be really difficult. Why not let me introduce you to someone? I'll like to see you happy and find that someone that will "catch" you...."
If I haven't known her for long and knowing that she's just too eager to share her happiness with me, I would have been very tempted to walk away....
I supposed, to those that are "attached", single people are lonely, sad and miserable...at least, in comparison to the likes of my friend, who is still deeply in love, giddy with all the happiness of the union with her soulmate...
But does that mean I have to be "attached" ? Sigh.....
Being single has not bothered me that much....I do agree that it is a really nice feeling knowing that there's the other half who will always watch out for you, or in my friend's words..."catch you when you fall"....but I supposed until I find that person, I'll just continue falling and picking myself up from the fall...there's no reason why I can't do that in the mean time.
When I told her that, she says - Well, you can surely pick yourself up again....but that will make you a harder person...and you won't have the trust to fall into anyone's arm...even though you really need to be catched ?
hmmm....oh well, i supposed, this is an argument that's similar to "Which comes first, the chicken or the egg ?"
anyway, the last thing I want to do, is to just fall into the arm's of the first person that comes along.....falling into the wrong one, can get you into more problems.....
And with all good intentions, she followed through the statement with this :
"So, its been awhile since you are single.....it must be really difficult. Why not let me introduce you to someone? I'll like to see you happy and find that someone that will "catch" you...."
If I haven't known her for long and knowing that she's just too eager to share her happiness with me, I would have been very tempted to walk away....
I supposed, to those that are "attached", single people are lonely, sad and miserable...at least, in comparison to the likes of my friend, who is still deeply in love, giddy with all the happiness of the union with her soulmate...
But does that mean I have to be "attached" ? Sigh.....
Being single has not bothered me that much....I do agree that it is a really nice feeling knowing that there's the other half who will always watch out for you, or in my friend's words..."catch you when you fall"....but I supposed until I find that person, I'll just continue falling and picking myself up from the fall...there's no reason why I can't do that in the mean time.
When I told her that, she says - Well, you can surely pick yourself up again....but that will make you a harder person...and you won't have the trust to fall into anyone's arm...even though you really need to be catched ?
hmmm....oh well, i supposed, this is an argument that's similar to "Which comes first, the chicken or the egg ?"
anyway, the last thing I want to do, is to just fall into the arm's of the first person that comes along.....falling into the wrong one, can get you into more problems.....
Labels: Blog about friends, Conversations, Musing, rantings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home