Foodtrail : Backlog(S) 2
Tea time Snacks @ Depastry Chef
(2 Oct 2008- Thursday)
Mid afternoon and we are hit with a sudden hunger pang! Too lazy to drive out far away, we settle for tea time at Depastry Chef, a nice little bakery cum cafe at Medan Putra, less than 5 mins drive from our home.
As it was close to 4pm, we don't want to be too full ....dinner is just a few more hours away! So we ordered some cakes and snack. Generally, I don't really like their cakes.....most of the cream cakes are decorated beautifully, but sad to say, the cake are a tad bit too dry and in conclusion, I feel that they are more good to be look at, rather to be eaten!
But do not despair, they make really nice mini fruit tarts and chocolate truffles, and as for cakes....I'll stick to their Island Blackforest Cake, Marble Cheesecake and this time, we took a risk and ordered their Oreo Cheesecake.


Of course, we need something savoury to snack on....so we ordered a foot long sausage with mashed potatoes. Not bad....and I like the brown onion sauce with generous serving of button mushrooms.
Brekkie Brekkie!!! @ Oriental Pavilion, Jaya 33
(5 Oct 2008, Sunday)
My dad had taken a liking to this restaurant. Its one of the many restaurants under the Oriental Group of Restaurants. We had a few dinners at the restaurant and so far, the food are great......though the service can be better. I'm particularly annoyed with one of their head waitress who take food orders...not only she put on the grumpy face, she's equally rude too!!
Anyway, we decided to skip Bakuteh this week and head to Oriental Pavilion for Dim Sum.
The Dim Sum are good, though Mom thought they are a tad too salty for her liking.
Here are some of the dim sum we've ordered :
(2 Oct 2008- Thursday)
Mid afternoon and we are hit with a sudden hunger pang! Too lazy to drive out far away, we settle for tea time at Depastry Chef, a nice little bakery cum cafe at Medan Putra, less than 5 mins drive from our home.
As it was close to 4pm, we don't want to be too full ....dinner is just a few more hours away! So we ordered some cakes and snack. Generally, I don't really like their cakes.....most of the cream cakes are decorated beautifully, but sad to say, the cake are a tad bit too dry and in conclusion, I feel that they are more good to be look at, rather to be eaten!
But do not despair, they make really nice mini fruit tarts and chocolate truffles, and as for cakes....I'll stick to their Island Blackforest Cake, Marble Cheesecake and this time, we took a risk and ordered their Oreo Cheesecake.
(Marble Cheese Cake)
(Oreo Cheesecake)
Of course, we need something savoury to snack on....so we ordered a foot long sausage with mashed potatoes. Not bad....and I like the brown onion sauce with generous serving of button mushrooms.
Brekkie Brekkie!!! @ Oriental Pavilion, Jaya 33
(5 Oct 2008, Sunday)
My dad had taken a liking to this restaurant. Its one of the many restaurants under the Oriental Group of Restaurants. We had a few dinners at the restaurant and so far, the food are great......though the service can be better. I'm particularly annoyed with one of their head waitress who take food orders...not only she put on the grumpy face, she's equally rude too!!
Anyway, we decided to skip Bakuteh this week and head to Oriental Pavilion for Dim Sum.
The Dim Sum are good, though Mom thought they are a tad too salty for her liking.
Here are some of the dim sum we've ordered :
(Yong Tau Fu pot with Brinjal and Chilli ; Siew Mai)
(Steam Pork Ribs ; Another Dim Sum, taste like Siew Mai but with pumpkin strips on top)
(Pan Fried Radish Cake.....very tasty!)
These are the few that I remembered to take photo shots, we've ordered Cantonese Kuay Teow with Seafood, Loh Mai Kai, Prawn and Char Siew Cheong Fun , and Char Siew Pau too!!
A VERY HAPPY MEAL AND AS USUAL, WE ARE REALLY FULL!!
These are the few that I remembered to take photo shots, we've ordered Cantonese Kuay Teow with Seafood, Loh Mai Kai, Prawn and Char Siew Cheong Fun , and Char Siew Pau too!!
A VERY HAPPY MEAL AND AS USUAL, WE ARE REALLY FULL!!
Labels: Depastry Chef, food, Medan Putra






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home