Thursday, October 9, 2008

I need to know all this for sure --- PRONTO!

Technically, I'll have about 1 month before I have to pack my stuff and move to Adelaide.
Yup...bye bye to mom's cooking, bye bye to serviced residence (ya..ok, I'm a teeny bit spoiled at home, hehe....), the convenience of having a car, yeah and quality family hang out time (I'm so going to miss our weekly bakuteh pig out session....even though I complained about it all the time).

Since I still have not gotten the list of things to do/prepare from my employer/relocator/visa agent/shipping consultant......I literally have not much to prepare at the moment.

And food...sigh....is the only think I'm worried about. And I need to learn or perfect my cooking skills for the following dishes before I moved. These dishes....need to taste just as it is....or else, I might die from craving for it!!

Mom's Hakka Specialty
1) Preserved Spinach (Tung Choy) with Mince Pork

2) Mashed Beancurd with mince pork and fish paste
(Ok, i know this doesn't sound very appetizing, but trust me, you can easily eat 3 bowls of rice with this....I did, when I was a kid la, now a bit conscious about my weight...)
3) Hakka Yong Tau Foo
4) Mui Choy with Pork Belly


(There, Mom cooked this today....and I managed to snap a pic before all the hungry souls at the table gobble it up!! DELICIOUS.....)

5) Fried Pork Braised with Black Fungus (Char yoke...)

Mom's Specialty
1) Steamed Pork ribs with Fermented Soy Bean
2) Drunken Chicken with Chinese Rice Wine
3) Gingko Nuts with Beancurd Sheet Tong Sui
4) Pan fried Omelette with Green Onions and Prawn
5) Assam Prawn
6) Hainanese Chicken Rice
7) Salted Chicken Steamed in Chinese Cooking Wine
8) All kind of soup, be it herbal or non-herbal
9) Mom's homecook macaroni in ikan bilis soup
10) Ginger Duck
11) Radish Cake - Steamed
12) Yam cake - Steamed
13) Nian Gao...
14)Mom's Omelette with Prawn and Onions...

(Mom cooked this too....and its like the best ever....you can't find it outside..coz Mom makes the omelette sorta juicy and the onions and prawn bring in a tinge of sweetness ....)

Other Malaysian Food that I'll miss dearly :
1) Hokkien Mee
2) Prawn Mee at Setapak
3) Loh Mee
4) Buttered Prawn from Greenview Restaurant
5) Dim Sum (Char Siew Pau and Egg Tart from Kuchai Lama, near Sen Shih's place)
6) Crabs from Greenview Restaurant
7) Korean food from Dao Rae
8) Bakuteh (from Imbi Sun Heong, Teluk Pulai (Klang), and Kepong Industrial Park Pre-order BKT)
9) Wu Kok from Bidor's Restorant Pun Chun
10) Bak Chang from Restaurant Seaview in SS2
11) Nescafe Special, Roti Pisang xTra garing from the mamak behind WSD
12) Wantan mee, Pan Mee, Pork Noodle
13) Ayam Percik
14) Sate (from Taman Ehsan)
15) Cantonese Fried Kuey Teow...with fish slices/frog legs + generous slices of ginger
16) PIg out session on fresh fishes with Dad and family
17) Anuja or Sri Nirwana Maju's Banana Leave Rice, Ayam Masala and Mango Lassi
18) Seremban Baked Crab
19) Asia Cafe Curry Noodles , Senawang
20) Fried Nian Gao(check this out ==> this blog entry will make me drool when I crave for nian gao) Kekeke..found the recipe at Lily's Wai Sek Hong's blog....the recipe look very promising!
21) Chu Chap Chuk (erm...its basically porridge with all the spares part (organs) you can find in a pig === extremely unhealthy, extremely high in cholestrol, but ITS EXTREMELY DELICIOUS)
22)


sigh....i feel damn depressed now......


Updated : 9 Oct 2008
Updated : 13 Nov 2008

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home