Friday, November 7, 2008

Light meals ahead....

The last 2 weeks of October was a blur of activities....packing your life belongings to be moved to another country, had proven to be really exhaustive! Of course, it involved buying stuff that you'll use at home, but which you don't own such as iron, rice cooker, hair dryer (there's 4 women in the house sharing 2 hair dryer...I think they will kill me if I took one away).....and so on. Hence, it involved some shopping....which I'm more than happy to indulge in....

Anykind of shopping is good news to me.....it happens that I love shopping for shoes, clothes, cosmetics/skincare, household stuff, house decor items....yup, I even enjoy groceries shopping..especially when we are stocking up on FOOD!!! Wheeeeee......

To start off the day, I drove and park at Zon A in Mid Valley Megamall.....its the Metrojaya Members' Sales. I didn't bother with the Jusco Members' day...coz its just too messy, too many people......somehow or another, Metrojaya was never "the" departmental store in Malaysia. Personally, I think they stock up pretty decent stuff.......especially if you are looking for household items like bedsheets and comforter sets, cooking and bakingware (mind you, the Metrojaya in MV, stocks silicon baking tray....which you might not even find in some local baking specialty stores). ......Quality wise, I'm always satisfied....I mean, you can't really complained on bedsheets with 420 thread counts???

Before the hardwork of starting my shopping, I decided to have a hearty breakfast.......
I walked over to Gardens, and found this quaint little shop called Nyonya Colors.
Entering into the restaurant...you'll be greeted with display cabinets filled with colorful nyonya kuihs....which includes the usual kuih lapis, talam, kuih bingka, seri muka, red bean kuih, angku's and assorted delicate kuihs.

By the time its my turn to order, I'm ravishing....its already 11.30am....you can't blame me for feeling hungry!!

I was very tempted to pig on a big plate of nasi lemak with ayam rendang.....but looking at my own waistline...I think better not. The lemak lemak stuff....shall be avoided, considering that I hardly visit the gym at all.

Hence I ordered a kaya toast......


Tastes really good....not too dry and not at all burnt. The important thing is, I hated butter.....and the butter within was just enuff to blend in with the kaya...so I don't "smell" any butterish aroma...but it still grace with the "smoothness" of butter mixed with kaya. Fine..I'm weird, I know.....most people will ask for toast with slices of butter inside (I think that's the special toast at Uncle Lim's Kopitiam)....but I avoid that at all cost!!

If you love your butter.....you can ask for the regular...I ask for a toast with reduced butter....hence, its really perfect in my book!

Did I mention that I'm starving??? You can't actually believe that I had 1 set of toast and call it breakfast rite??? Kekekekekek.....I ordered a plate of Chee Cheong Fun..with sweet sauce. I had some problem ordering this though....the Burmese worker who's taking orders and functioning as a cashier at the same time, kept asking me "Tam chun or curry?"......I'm like...what the hell is Tam Chun??? Ended up...he meant sweet sauce i.e Tim Cheong in Cantonese....wahahahahaha....he looks as frustrated as I am!



Pretty good. Some of the hawker's Chee Cheong Fun (CCF) that I had in pasar malams/food courts were either too salty or too bland...but the sauce here is just right. The CCF itself was soft and smooth......slightly warmed with sprinkles of sesame seed (I wouldn't mind more of those) and fried onions tasted really good. Either that, or I'm really hungry....

The shop sells loads of ready mix curry pastes and belacans/sambals too.... Too bad Australian's Customs are really strict with food item...else, I'll buy loads of these stuff...and cook curry during winter!!

Nyonya Colors @ MV Gardens (03-77282288)
Local White Coffee with Ice - RM2.40, CCD - RM3.90 and Kaya Toast - RM2.30. In total, I've spent RM8.90 for breakfast....


The first Sunday of November :
After the shipping is done, I'm taking stock of my clothes. Those that still look good and wearable, I had shipped over, leaving a few key items for the first 2 weeks in Adelaide..in case my shipment did not arrive by the time I did. I left most of the older clothes....especially those that I've loyally kept since I started work in my wardrobe.....and I thought I deserve some new working gear...kekekekekekeke

Hence, me and sister went to Pavilion for a shopping spree. And its Sister's bday too....so, have to buy her something ma....
(*ahem* excuses.....)

We shopped and shopped, fuelled by the regular Sunday morning bouts of Bakuteh at Jalan Imbi....and when we are dead tired, it was already 4pm. HUNGRY LEH.......shopping burns quite a bit of calories, especially if you are lugging bags of clothes around....

We wanted to eat at Food Junction, but surprisingly at 4pm....its still busy as ever. Hence we went to Pasta Mania instead....just a stone throw away from Mercato (good selection of grocery items, though the prices are slightly inflated), and literally next to J Co Doughnuts....

Sister had a plate of Carbonara Spaghetti.....really creamy and smooth. It needed a few dashes of salt (readily available on the table) and its perfect......
I supposed the Chef is trying to be healthy...and made the dish less salty (considering the amount of cheese and cream present in this pasta), and let the customer choose how salty they want their pasta to be (hence, the salt and pepper shaker on each table).



I ordered Aglio Olio with Prawns and on the menu, there's this tiny picture of chilli next to this dish. Well, how spicy can italian pasta be rite??? Hahaha....just that, I supposed the chef in the kitchen is not exactly Italian...but an Asian.... : )

Its' Malaysia after all....


Serving was generous....and yes, it was really spicy...just the way I like it. But I think ang mohs might find it too spicy for their liking. There's fat juicy prawns too.....fresh!

Once again, I need to add a bit of salt to taste...and the dish is done the way I would have cook it (minus the chilli) at home.


Pasta Mania @ Pavilion (03-2141 8252)
- the lunch costs us RM44.30, with each pasta costing between RM15.90 -RM17.90. I had a Coke Light, while my sister had a cup of Lipton tea....and that's all we had. About RM22 each, I won't say that its cheap...but knowing the rental rates of Pavilion, its about there...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home