Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's they hype about?

MAMMA MIA!

Nope, unlike Joe, Kristy, Lay See, Huay Yin, Carol, Kah Leng, Marie, who will all be going for the musical end of this year, I didn't fight for the tickets.

To me...its just a story, where somehow, the ABBA's hit songs fit in perfectly as the story goes.
And....ABBA is from my parent's time....so UNCOOL rite?? Well, I've never been so wrong....

Its been awhile since I've enjoyed a movie so much......plus, I'm always game, when Colin Firth is in a movie (he's the best Mr.Darcy you can get.....*swoon*). Though, I rather he took the character of Sam Carmichael, coz Colin Firth definitely sings better than Pierce Brosnan. Not that Pierce Brosnan can't sing at all (I've seen worse....*ahem*), he tried really hard, but its difficult not to notice his lack of talent in singing, among a cast that can really sing. He's still my fav Bond (i have not much recollection of other Bonds before him, aside from Sean Connery).

(Pierce Brosnan, is better off being Bond rather than singing......but he looks really GOOD though)


(Perfectly Firth....he's in his element, when it comes to musicals. He's so gorgeous!)

Kudos to Amanda Seyfried who took on the role of Sophie. Her vocals are remarkable......

(She's the perfect blushing bride? But getting married at 20????)
(Photo from Yahoo Movies)

And Meryl Streep, Julie Walters and Christina Baranskil are the epitome of women who live life to the fullest (at least on screen...). Yes, you can see the wrinkles, you can see the age on their face......but they still got the boogey in them** Looking at them, I just feel like singing "Girls just wanna have fun" when I'm in my 50's.....I can't even work a jiggle with my hips during Salsa class, and seeing them doing their "thang" on screen...puts me to shame!


(Way to go!! Woot! Woot!)

No, after the movie....I feel this sense of lightness....nothing is a problem, its a problem only if you think so. If a woman like Donna (the character in the Mamma Mia!), can raise her kid, run a hotel in some remote island in Greece, and still live like that......what else that you can't do?

And the setting of the movie...is so romantic. Yes, the musical will be great, and I think I'll regret that I did not get a ticket to watch........but only in the movie, you can picture the fairy lights lining along the steps.....leading you to the Villa Donna. The beautiful Grecian wedding dress......the beautiful Sophie.....that's exactly how a wedding should be!

(That's the church in the movie, imagine having to climb up there on your wedding...not sure if your guests are gamed to do the "natural stairs master".Can't find a still shot of the scene in the movie though, that's a really pretty sight - photo take from My Wedding Hero)

OH...and Colin Firth or Harry Bright announcing his homosexuality....that's a CLASSIC.
Some may find it scandalous...and to announce it at your daughter's wedding? Well, you've gotta give Harry the credit to be brave enough to admit it......it is still love after all!

I must mention Stellan Skarsgard stellar performance. He's supposedly don't know a thing about singing, except, maybe in the shower.....and yet, he did alright in the movie. Plus, he really fit in to the character of Bill really well. The tattoo on Bill's knees are so funny......cute! Ok, James says cute is an insult, fine.....Bill/Stellan is cool! but the "exposed butt" part is cute rite???? I'm surprised they didn't sensored it in Malaysian cinemas!


(Mr. Carefree & Macho - cool guy!)

And to my Musketeers.....age is not a problem. Look, Donna finally found "THE ONE" , when her daughter is 20? Scandalous or not, its all about being happy and contented and having your friends' and family's blessing. That's priceless!


:) I can smile and fall into a happy dreamless sleep.

Years from now, I hope that the Musketeers and myself will celebrate our 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's and etc like them!




~mh speaks~
--I shall becareful and not use "..." on MSN too much, since it can mean something else--

(Movie Still Shot from Fandango , unless otherwise indicated.)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

hhahahaha!!! "..." - goodness!

yah man, let's jump on the beds like they did when we're 50. walau. becareful. we might break our bones.

October 15, 2008 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha..yes musical end of the year!! woohoo!

October 15, 2008 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Mh said...

Shane : Ey, I never say want to jump on beds also. We can still drink and have fun though....but I'm sure I've got no shimmering suits and feather boas in my closets la.

Joe : Ya ya ya...you monkeys can tell me how great it'll be. : )
I think it'll be worth every penny you spend on those tix!

October 15, 2008 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Huay Yin said...

whoo hoo!! =))
Bestest movie of 2008 for me.. even topped Batman! I can't wait for the musical!

October 17, 2008 at 5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home