Friday, February 6, 2009

Away from Home : Episode 3

To me, its comfort to have food that's taste like home. As much as I complained about life in Kuala Lumpur, it still has a fond place close to heart.


On a hot summer morning, I was hit with a sudden craving for Pisang Goreng. Images of HY, Ah Boy, Din and myself indulging in the Pisang Goreng with Ice Cream at Madam Kwan kept flashing in my mind.......


To be honest, I felt like having Pisang Goreng since last week....but it was just too hot here to "fry" these banana fritters........until today. Mainly because the bananas that I've bought doesn't look like they can survive another week in the fridge......so I thought, why not?


I've bought barley and candied wintermelon , as back up...in case this dose of Pisang Goreng give me sore throat.....and just in case I'm lazy, there's a bottle of concentrated citron tea ...just to cool down the body a little!


Well...here you are........my virginal attempt at making Pisang Goreng!!!




I think it look not bad.....eh? In fact, it taste really not bad too..........comparable to the makcik's stall behind my house in KL. Too bad I don't know how to make lekor...otherwise, i'll have keropok lekor too.... (but no point having that without the chilli sauce).

I have quite a bit of left over batter......and thought I'll send the wrinkly eggplant in the fridge to an frying inferno......and they look like this after I'm done with them :


Tempura Eggplant???


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hahha i think ur egg plant needs abit more batter...

February 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home