Saturday, January 17, 2009

Away from home : Episode 2

the art of procrastination...

when I write my resume, I almost always include "work well under pressure"....because I think I sometime choose not to work, when its not time yet...i.e....when its so close to the deadline, I'll start to be afraid...and buck up and work like mad! My most efficient hours are usually during such situation....something that I could have taken up to 2-3 days to do, might be finished within 8 hours? Hahaha..trust me...it works for me that way! Especially in my line of work..the later u leave it, the more information became available and I can see the picture better, and hence, exercise better judgement.....

In short, without pressure, I dont' feel the "need" to work.....hence, in conclusion, its perfectly fair to say in my resume that I work well under pressure!
Its just like when they advertised a vacancy, the employer says " Looking for committed candidate, working hours 9am-5.30pm" but what they mean is "Looking for people who are willing to work after the "official" working hours. The word "commited" is very useful..eh?


Are u guys seriously reading the above?? I'm just talking crap..that's just my excuse for not doing my stuff when I have time, and panic when I have not much time
left....aka....like now?

I really have LOADs of stuff to do....but instead, i choose to bake cookies!!! Kakakak..no regrets..the cookies turn out really good!!

I supposed I can offer my manager some cookies instead of the completed Year End Group Reporting package...if I still can't come up with anything tonight...

Visit this website for the recipe.....Chocolate Chip Cookies

My batch of cookies :

Good stuff....to eat with cold yoghurt and with milk , something to munch on while watchin TV, especially these cookies are crunchy!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Baking cookies isn't procrastination. :-) It's therapeutic. For some.

January 20, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home