Away from Home : Episode 1
It has been a crazy week. So much to do, so little time......that's excluding the time required to understand how things work....
Its a carnal crime to work on an assignment when I have no understanding of the business....
Its so difficult to decide on the amount of work to be performed, because I can't decide for sure what is "just" enough.....doing anything more on such a tight deadline, will just be inefficient...but doing not enough......I might screw up the whole assignment all together....
Sigh..the thin line that we always tread upon in the world of Audit.....on top of a demanding client, an equally new manager (her first year handling this client too), and yea...the stupid deadline!
Things are so bad by Friday....i'm totally stressed out. By 4pm...my brain just refused to work....and had agreed with Elaine that we shall have nice dinner, followed by drinks.....just to destressed, before catching up on work during the weekend.......
Spend Saturday morning doing some grocery shopping....stock up the fridge with some food...
Then a round of vacumming and some light packing (yup...i haven't finish unpacking since I've moved into the townhouse in Dec 2008).
Decided to go shopping for a teapot.....ended up buying a teapot +cups and saucer! Have a relaxing afternoon rest on my sofa.....trying out the lemongrass with ginger tea that I've bought in Melbourne while visiting Sumita. Ah....life is good! .......at least until I take out that dreaded T60 and log on to office server to face reality.....
Didn't do much...just clicking here and there...can't concentrate..and its already 6pm....time to do some cooking, another destress activity for me!
Tonight's dinner :
Simple and easy....just chopped everything and boil some anchovy stock.....and viola...DINNER IS READY!!
Easy peasy dinner.....have all the antioxidants (celery, carrot), protein (chicken breast cubes), carbs (potato and pasta). And once again, I've cooked too much!! This will be lunch and dinner tomorrow.... I'm still trying to work out the right portion to cook for one person these days.

Hahaha...this is not homecook! Meatballs with sundried tomato sauce from David Jones' Foodhall. G's recommendation when he was in Adelaide.....Was walking pass the Foodhall, and remembered that we didn't get to try the Vegetarian Lasagna last time, but alas, its sold out AGAIN!! Its 3.30pm though...so..no surprise the nice stuff are sold out. I had Chicken n Mushroom Lasagna for lunch (delicious!!)..and tapau-ed the meatballs, just in case I'm too lazy to cooked dinner tonight. Now..it has become, an extra dish for dinner!! Only manage to eat 2 ...and its really NICE!
Dinner last week :
Bought the rainbow trout fillets from the market. Joe/Nicole mentioned that its really nice...so thought I'll try it. Pretty good....not fishy at all....because JJ had quite a bit of the fish.....
A very confused dish, actually.....initially, I plan to just pan fry the fillets...then topped it with some crisped garlic and shallots...then decided to topped it with potatoes and carrots (pan fried) t00..coz the 4 piece of fillets look very miserable on the plate.
Its a carnal crime to work on an assignment when I have no understanding of the business....
Its so difficult to decide on the amount of work to be performed, because I can't decide for sure what is "just" enough.....doing anything more on such a tight deadline, will just be inefficient...but doing not enough......I might screw up the whole assignment all together....
Sigh..the thin line that we always tread upon in the world of Audit.....on top of a demanding client, an equally new manager (her first year handling this client too), and yea...the stupid deadline!
Things are so bad by Friday....i'm totally stressed out. By 4pm...my brain just refused to work....and had agreed with Elaine that we shall have nice dinner, followed by drinks.....just to destressed, before catching up on work during the weekend.......
Spend Saturday morning doing some grocery shopping....stock up the fridge with some food...
Then a round of vacumming and some light packing (yup...i haven't finish unpacking since I've moved into the townhouse in Dec 2008).
Decided to go shopping for a teapot.....ended up buying a teapot +cups and saucer! Have a relaxing afternoon rest on my sofa.....trying out the lemongrass with ginger tea that I've bought in Melbourne while visiting Sumita. Ah....life is good! .......at least until I take out that dreaded T60 and log on to office server to face reality.....
Didn't do much...just clicking here and there...can't concentrate..and its already 6pm....time to do some cooking, another destress activity for me!
Tonight's dinner :
Simple and easy....just chopped everything and boil some anchovy stock.....and viola...DINNER IS READY!!
Easy peasy dinner.....have all the antioxidants (celery, carrot), protein (chicken breast cubes), carbs (potato and pasta). And once again, I've cooked too much!! This will be lunch and dinner tomorrow.... I'm still trying to work out the right portion to cook for one person these days.
Hahaha...this is not homecook! Meatballs with sundried tomato sauce from David Jones' Foodhall. G's recommendation when he was in Adelaide.....Was walking pass the Foodhall, and remembered that we didn't get to try the Vegetarian Lasagna last time, but alas, its sold out AGAIN!! Its 3.30pm though...so..no surprise the nice stuff are sold out. I had Chicken n Mushroom Lasagna for lunch (delicious!!)..and tapau-ed the meatballs, just in case I'm too lazy to cooked dinner tonight. Now..it has become, an extra dish for dinner!! Only manage to eat 2 ...and its really NICE!
Dinner last week :
Pan-fried Lemongrass with turmeric Chicken
I'm pretty glad with the turn out of the above....very fragrant and tasty. Think JJ and Elaine enjoyed it too.
Watercress soup...boiled together with red dates, pork bones...and water. So simple, and yet so tasty. Good for the summer nights when the air is warm and heaty.
Bought the rainbow trout fillets from the market. Joe/Nicole mentioned that its really nice...so thought I'll try it. Pretty good....not fishy at all....because JJ had quite a bit of the fish.....
A very confused dish, actually.....initially, I plan to just pan fry the fillets...then topped it with some crisped garlic and shallots...then decided to topped it with potatoes and carrots (pan fried) t00..coz the 4 piece of fillets look very miserable on the plate.

1 Comments:
try steaming it..not bad too..i think a squeeze of lemon would do it good if its a bit "fishy"
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home