Friday, January 23, 2009

Away from home : Ah....life is as such!

Crazy weeks were gone (at least for now..), and i gave a sigh of release and a pat on my own back for finishing a half year review of 5 active companies, plus anothe 5 relatively dormant companies within Thursday and Friday! Yup, yesterday....while I was compiling the Balance Sheet and Income Statements for identification at 6.30pm....I was actually smiling.....

Both my manager and myself thought we'll be working over the weekend, and have a review on the 26th, which is Australia Day (public holiday!). But now, we both get to enjoy a long weekend, safely not having to worried about this reporting. Phew!! It may be nothing for my manager coz she's a Sri Lankan, but for me, I'm just reluctant to spend my Chinese New Year working! I mean, yes..I might not have as much CNY activities to do compared to back home, but...honestly, I have better things to do than work on a long weekend rite??? Here in Adelaide, I was given the time to get my priority right....kekeke...weekdays are for work (and it'll be best that no work after leaving the office, but in our line and during peak, its close to impossible), and weekend, its totally me time!!!!

Yeah..so I went back home yesterday, had a crap dinner of leftover lemongrass chicken breast (tasted ugly, not juicy and tasty like the one i made earlier...coz I used chicken thigh in the earlier one, which reinstate the theory "Healthy = Not Tasty").

And I went grocery shopping, thought I'll make some Pineapple tarts...so I get to feel a bit of CNY.......got home around 8.30pm, moped around.......and start cleaning the house a little (I really regret getting a townhouse, so much spaces to clean!!!) and kill off the first pile of clothes due for ironing in one of the sofa.....there's another pile in my extra room....sigh!!

And with that, I slept at 1.30am.......dead tired!!!

Woke up to a sunny morning, but with chilly breeze all around.....which is good!! You can feel the warmth of the sun, but you don't sweat as much...coz the air is cooling!!! Kakakakaak......NIce SATURDAY...and I FEEL GOOOOOOOOOD!! u know that song....I FEEEEELLLLLL GGGGGGGOOOOOOODDD........wheeeeEE!!!!!!!

YEa..so I cooked my own brekky.........and blogging about it now!!!


Got everything in my fridge since last Sat, but I was so busy that I didn't cook much........so, here's my BIG BREAKFAST.........prolly will cost me $15 if I eat out, but it's less than $10 bucks if you cook yourself!!
  • Gourmet Sausage - I think this is Pork Sausage with Pepper
  • A strip of streaky bacon
  • A whole portobello mushroom, grilled with salt, pepper and olive oil and garlic!
  • one tomato, sliced
  • Slices of oven baked bread (this is a bit expensive la, $1.50 of a small roll, i can buy a loaf of whole meal bread for $2.60......., but buy already, so must eat lor)
  • Poached egg

YUp!!! Lovely brekky......and I like the silence in the house.....so peaceful after a crazy week of adrenalin rush from work and stress..........

So, such is life......with its ups and downs.........coming next, my experiment of making my own pineapple jam for pineapple cookies......*fingers crossed*

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home