Celebrating the end of 40 Days of Dating
Initially, I'm unsure if I should celebrate. With Day 40 concluded - it meant that I have one less thing to focus on. Yup...life is as such (not a bad thing, but its neither a good thing either). Its like I'm in my own slump of nothingness, if there's such a thing.
Reliving through the experience as narrated in 40 Days of Dating, I realised that love cannot be made to happen. Its not a formula or recipe where you just need to follow through and it will work. Just like how Tim and Jessica, best friends as they maybe, getting together did not guarantee success. If you read through all documentary of the 40 days of their dating life, you realise that they started of as friends, which meant that they liked each other to a certain extend, both mutually agreed to the 40-day pact (i.e timing is right for both of them), and they made it to the "Oh, I'm in love" part, sex was great (they said that in the blog, REALLY), and they care for each other. But it still didn't work.
Putting that aside, I really love the illustration and the little "moments" of realisation of how life and love works. There's one part where they talked about picking up people in Wholefoods (their version of Cold Storage in Malaysia, I presumed). The need for serendipity......
I've watched that happened - right in front of me, and I watched the couple fall in love, had a good 2 years, worked out things together, move inter-states for each other, managed long-distance relationship, and for some unknown reason - it ended.
I don't know what to take away from all these. How much one need to put in, to beat the odds and make it to the finishing line of "happily ever after" ? Or is that too much to expect ?
I watched Dan and Steph in Season 4 of My Kitchen Rules. And I say to myself.....they are so in love with each other, they work as a unit, the epitome of 2 living as one. And its couples like that, that makes me think, maybe if I try..........and if I ever found this person, we can be our own Dan & Steph ?
Its really one confused world, isn't it ? Which is why, its always easier to just chill, have a great meal (or cook one), and surround myself with happy thoughts........and wake up ready to take on the day!!
Reliving through the experience as narrated in 40 Days of Dating, I realised that love cannot be made to happen. Its not a formula or recipe where you just need to follow through and it will work. Just like how Tim and Jessica, best friends as they maybe, getting together did not guarantee success. If you read through all documentary of the 40 days of their dating life, you realise that they started of as friends, which meant that they liked each other to a certain extend, both mutually agreed to the 40-day pact (i.e timing is right for both of them), and they made it to the "Oh, I'm in love" part, sex was great (they said that in the blog, REALLY), and they care for each other. But it still didn't work.
Putting that aside, I really love the illustration and the little "moments" of realisation of how life and love works. There's one part where they talked about picking up people in Wholefoods (their version of Cold Storage in Malaysia, I presumed). The need for serendipity......
I've watched that happened - right in front of me, and I watched the couple fall in love, had a good 2 years, worked out things together, move inter-states for each other, managed long-distance relationship, and for some unknown reason - it ended.
I don't know what to take away from all these. How much one need to put in, to beat the odds and make it to the finishing line of "happily ever after" ? Or is that too much to expect ?
I watched Dan and Steph in Season 4 of My Kitchen Rules. And I say to myself.....they are so in love with each other, they work as a unit, the epitome of 2 living as one. And its couples like that, that makes me think, maybe if I try..........and if I ever found this person, we can be our own Dan & Steph ?
Its really one confused world, isn't it ? Which is why, its always easier to just chill, have a great meal (or cook one), and surround myself with happy thoughts........and wake up ready to take on the day!!
Labels: #lifelessons, 40 Days of Dating, love, rantings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home