More food excursions..
Din Tai Fung , Gardens@ Midvalley
During my trip to Taipei sometime in May this year, this was listed as a "must visit" place in the guide book. But our Taipei friends warned us that it really doesn't taste that great..so we sorta skipped it for more authentic taiwanese fare ....
Since they've open a branch here, I thought...why not we give it a try then ?
I have tried many a times to "photograph" steam coming out from food...but never really get to do it....but I went I saw this huge cloud of steam coming from the kitchen of Din Tai Fung..I couldn't resist but to snap a shot...hahaha.....finally, I manage to "capture" some steam!
Pork Buns...the skin is kinda fluffy with a bounce to your touch...hahaa..The meat fillings are not as juicy and tasty as I've would like it to be though! I've got a picture of the filling below ....its a tad bit dry, don't you think ?
Below are the Siu Mai....its actually just a piece of prawn and the rest of it, is a modified version of the Siu Long Bao......

And this is the famous Xia Long Bao from Din Tai Fung...supposedly to be the best ...but I think I had better ones before.....
Now...you can't be expecting me to be satisified by the above for lunch rite?? Hahaha...we went down to Bangsar Village 1 for cupcakes, since my sister is dying to try their cupcakes. We didn't bothered with the D'lish outlet in Midvalley, as its kinda crowded ....
D'lish @ Bangsar Village 1
They've decorated the tables with some flat leave parsley...how quaint! It just add a little touch of serenity in the restaurant....
That's my Chocholate French Toast.....taste like bread and butter pudding with chocolate fudge in it....I think I shall try to make these...haha...with more choc fudge in between!! Yummy!
Banana Cream Cheese Cupcake......


3 Comments:
wahh...i wanna try the cupcakessss!!
wahlau eh..suddenly bcome a food blog ar???
Shane : I'm going to make my own ...soon! Very lazy lar!
Joe : Haha...no lar. Just that I'm on leave and I just occupied my time by visiting all these places..U know, I hardly have time off from audit at all!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home